Friday, December 10, 2010

(Red) Birds of the Same Feathers... ...

...Flock Together


Where did the rest of Naomi Bird's feathers gone to?

Oh. Victoria Bird took them for a day out.



Naomi Campbell relies on Victoria Beckham to get her out of a style rut.



The supermodel is great friends with the singer-turned-fashion designer and when she can't find anything to wear, she rings Victoria up and one of her creations is sent over.

She told the Daily Mirror newspaper:
'Victoria is amazing, a real sister. When I'm stuck in a rut, she's always at the other end of the phone to send a pair of jeans.
'They work wonders on the legs. I love her designs. I'm always in them. I've worked with Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen and so many great designers. So I'm proud Victoria is up there too.'


While she sometimes admits to being stuck in a style rut, Naomi was given the Special Recognition Award at the British Fashion Awards on Tuesday (07.12.10) and says she felt honoured with the accolade, which celebrated her 25 years in the industry.

She said:
'Sorry I just got all teary, it's just overwhelming to be recognised in your own country, it's a huge privilege and it makes me feel very proud to be British. Women of colour are now far better represented - we still have a long way to go, but I'm very proud.'


...and conveniently forget what fellow black Supermodel Tyra Banks did States-side.



Q ... the horrors of Fashion royalty.

No comments: